Author Topic: Receding gums  (Read 1453 times)

Fern

Receding gums
« on: March 01, 2012, 03:39:33 PM »
Does anyone know what can heal receding gums? My mother tried oak bark for a few days and her gums, one in particular, has fallen more to the point where it appears as though there is a hole under her tooth. Right now a gum graft is not affordable for her. Any ideas?

livingforj

• School of Natural Healing Sign up page
Re: Receding gums
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 05:52:28 PM »
"It has been asserted that a pinch of the Slippery Elm powder put into a hollow tooth stops the ache and greatly delays decay, if used as soon as there is any sign of decay." Grieve, Mrs. M. A Modern Herbal Volume I. Dover. 1971. 285 p

Perhaps combining with goldenseal, Marshmallow root, Oak bark root to make a pie dough consistency and left on over night for 6 nights a week at least may be helpful.

brush teeth only with dr Christopher's tooth powder. Dr Schulze has several products which may be of interest: Tooth and Gum Formula and Oral therapy.

I am a fan of Oregano Oil for taking care of infections of the mouth and strengthening gums
The information here it is just my opinion. It is neither for diagnosing nor treating any disease or aliment.

Do you like what you see? Want to learn more?
Click the website link (the earth to the left) and sign up to the School of Natural Healing and learn how you can take care of yourself.

livingforj

• School of Natural Healing Sign up page
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 06:13:09 PM »
...of course, herbal items will not be of much use if dietary practices are not cleaned up.

meat sparingly
cut diary out
no white sugars
brush teeth often (after meals)
no sodas or carbonated beverages
distilled or reverse osmosis water
etc
The information here it is just my opinion. It is neither for diagnosing nor treating any disease or aliment.

Do you like what you see? Want to learn more?
Click the website link (the earth to the left) and sign up to the School of Natural Healing and learn how you can take care of yourself.

mike cmt ch

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 05:56:21 PM »
using the principles of the snh one would cleanse, nourish, and build. Thus using detox herbs such as the lower bowel formulaes(2 of them), nourish with a good superfood mix(wheat grass, spirulina etc) and cayenne pepper (for increased circulation internally as well as adding to the tooth formulae and brushing with it 3-5x daily), and finally adding either aloe vera or comfrey tea 3-5x daily.All this in addition to a preferabbly vegan vegetarian  diet. ;)