Author Topic: Green tint on face?  (Read 3871 times)

HerbalDea

• Cool pic I took @ aquarium!
    • An Herbal Idea
Green tint on face?
« on: September 01, 2010, 11:13:23 AM »
For the life of me, I can't figure this one out!  I first noticed it when I was around 16.  All around my mouth and on the side of my nose has a greenish tint!  I have searched the web, and some say possibly the veins being close to the surface, or jaundice, or someone even suggested an infection!  Have any of you ever dealt with this?  It is only slightly noticeable until you take a picture, then it shows badly! 
Vitamin/mineral deficiency?
Thanks!
~Hope on-Hope ever~

But I will hope continually, and will yet praise you more and more.
                                     Psalm 71:14

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen    Hebrews 11:1

Dannyboy

Re: Green tint on face?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 11:56:42 AM »
That IS wier... interesting.

I'll be watching to see what you find out.

One google result mentioned possible multiple organ failure... but I hope that's not the case  :). Another mentioned possible food coloring adititives. Another linked it with liver issues.

Google can turn up interesting stuff... found one document that had interesting information.

Green skin pigmentation has been reported with Psudomonas aeruginosa nail infection, resoltion of ecchymosis, cutaneous absorption of exogenous pigment, copper deposition, posioning, sweat gland chromhidrosis or pseudochromhidrosis, acute pancreatitis, intraabdominal hemorrhagic disease, and eosinophilic cellulitis. Increased levels of bilirubin in the skin usually cause jaundice, because bilirubin is confined within peripheral cutaneous blood vessels. However, an increased level of bilirubin may cause a rare transient green discoloration when it is exreted through eccrine sweat glands.

This is more of a green sweat issue and I had no idea what a majority of it was talking about but it was still ineresting?

Also I had another interesting thought that you could rule out. Are you female? If so then like most, you probably use or have used makup in your life? Could something you have used or are currently using contain something that is being absorbed into your skin? Just a thought

HerbalDea

• An Herbal Idea
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 04:21:59 PM »
Yes, I'm female, but no, I didn't begin to wear makeup until I was 19, and even then it is a very small amount of cover-up for acne and alittle blush on my cheeks!  Mostly I only wear that when we take pictures, or specials occasions.  But nothing around mouth or nose.

I think you found something interesting on the "green sweat" issue! What it says about bilirubin, I did have jaundice when I was a baby... Any link?
~Hope on-Hope ever~

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen    Hebrews 11:1

Dannyboy

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 07:11:16 PM »
Sure thing! http://www.annals.org/content/145/9/710.2.full.pdf+html found on page 5 under heading of "Green Sweating Spots on Hands and Feet: Unusual Expression of Hyperbilirubinemia"

HerbalDea

• An Herbal Idea
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 05:48:53 AM »
LOL! I was meaning a link between having jaundice as a baby and the green sweat issue of today!  But thank you for posting so I could read the website!!! LOL!
~Hope on-Hope ever~

Dannyboy

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 09:40:50 AM »
Oops.  :D