Author Topic: Garlic cloves in the ears  (Read 12635 times)

Prairie Girl

Garlic cloves in the ears
« on: February 17, 2012, 02:54:32 PM »
I've had a swooshing sound in one ear for months, when I bend over. In the past week, the ear has caused me really bad vertigo, brief slight pain occassionally, and inablility to hear well from that ear.
I've tried using the ear and nerve formula, mullein and garlic oil formula, as well as rinsing it out with warm water. At one point it seemed to be getting better, but the next day it was worse. I stay down to keep the formulae in for extended periods of time.
Am I staying down too long?
I wondered if my mullein and garlic formula was maybe too old? I don't know how old it is, how old is too old? When should we throw our oil formulae away???
Should I rinse it out after every oil application? How long do I keep the oil in?
Ringing in the ears has gotten pretty bad. I have split lengthwise a garlic clove and put a half in each ear, covered with an ear/headband.
I went to a doctor and was told I had a sinus infection in the back sinuses that was causing pressure on my inner ear. I didn't even know I was "sick." I don't feel sick except for the vertigo and having a stuffy ear.
Comments please.

livingforj

• School of Natural Healing Sign up page
Re: Garlic cloves in the ears
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »
I was terrified when I read the title line. I was thinking you must not have strained out the garlic from your garlic oil!
Yeah, not a good idea to stuff the garlic in the ear, not good at all. Just the oil please.

Your story makes sence to me. Your eustachian tube is most likely blocked. You need to get that clear in order for the ears to drain properly.

Horseradish was the herb of the year for 2011. It is a specific for sinus'. Go with the suggestions from Dr Christopher: Grate fresh horseradish-just that alone helps the sinus', then place in a small glass container and cover with the Bragg's (or comparable) apple cider vinegar. Take 1/3 tsp 3x a day for the 1st day, 2/3 of a tsp 3x a day for the 2rd day, then 1 tsp 3x a day for the 3rd day. Each time you take the horseradish, chew it till all the power has gone out. You then have the option of swallowing or tossing out.

Do dry skin brushing of your face, remembering to start at the forehead, then from the eyes down to the top lip, then the mouth down the neck. Afterward, take the sen sei or the deep tissue oil or something of that sort, rub over your sinus' and jump into a hot shower. For further torture, I mean better therapy, you may even do a hot/cold action in the shower. Turning the water as cold as possible for 30 seconds-1 min, then hot for upto 4 min. Repeat several times ending in cold. The hot/cold works as a plunger to the body. For the sinus/ear area, you may even want to have a towel in there to help to direct the hot/cold water to that area.

Now, when talking about putting oil into the ears, it goes like this: 3-5 drops of WARM oil/formula in the ear, rub ear around, pull the ear slightly, move your head a little if you are able to. Plug with a cotton ball. Wait about 1-2 minutes, then turn over and repeat on the other side. You can do Ear and Nerve and the Garlic oil at the same time in each ear. Go to bed after you have both ears plugged. On the 7th day, no oil or formula. Do 50/50 of WARM Bragg's ACV and distilled water to rinse your ear. Turn you head to the side, drop the mixture into the ear, wait a moment, then turn your head to the other side and let it run out. Repeat several times. Then go to the next ear.
The information here it is just my opinion. It is neither for diagnosing nor treating any disease or aliment.

Do you like what you see? Want to learn more?
Click the website link (the earth to the left) and sign up to the School of Natural Healing and learn how you can take care of yourself.

mike cmt ch

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 10:48:22 PM »
i would  NOT  put garlic cloves raw into anyones ear :o and highly suggest that you dont either. Sinus infections are best destroyed by horseradish, herbal snuff(garlic powder, cayenne etc), and steam inhalations of eucalyptus. sensei balm under nose helps too. ;D regular treatments are needed the worse the symptoms the more frequent treatments are needed. One could do the cold sheet tx also.

Franz

• Raw food life with an LDS perspective
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 02:53:28 AM »
Apart of the sinus infection, have you considered that maybe you have tinnitus? (Ringing in the ear) And have you considered seeing an audiologist? They are excellent in diagnosing exactly which part of the ear is having issues. Just proposing it as my husband is 75% deaf and sees his audiologist every 3 years or so, has tinnitus etc All the treatments mentioned above sound very promising!
Franz

Prairie Girl

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 01:24:40 PM »
Well, I did ask for comments, didn't I?
 ;DI'm amused that you would think it so horrible to put garlic cloves in my ears. I did it and I'm still alive, no pain. In fact, it did seem to help ME and I am the one who was looking for relief. The congestion seemed to be a little relieved. My ears aren't so big that the clove would fall in and be lost, the cloves are big enough!
Why are you saying it is not a good idea?
 In the Dr. C book School of Natural Healing it states on page 111 to wrap a small garlic clove in gauze and place that in the outer ear cavity, then add oil.I know it's tinnitus, I've been experiencing it for about five years. I've read in SNH materials that tinnitus can be reversed.
Eating horseradish scares me worse than putting a garlic clove in my ear.  :o
Talking about the plunger effect...I wondered if trampoline jumping would help also? I don't have one but strongly considering a tiny one.
I will try what you suggest on oil treatment, livingforj...maybe the shower thing too. I hate being cold watered.
The herb stores in the nearby city don't generally carry much Dr. C products. I will try to find what you've suggested, mike.

Prairie Girl

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 01:27:58 PM »
I have sinus pressure on my ear that is causing vertigo, as well as increasing the ringing sound. My main concern right now is relieving the pressure. I also have tinnitus.

mike cmt ch

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 07:42:35 PM »
well garlic BURNS skin tissue :o that it comes in contact with. If you feel like your delicate inner ear needs surgery you are welcome to burn the tissue off to remove any pathological growth. Although i dont think garlic in the inner ear will rid one of inner ear pressure as it comes from the sinuses and/or blockage. Garlic is intense and should be used carefully.Herbalists use garlic as a surgical tool.I think the only reason why you didnt burn your inner ear out is that the garlic you are using is a milder one(unlike fresh organic purple garlic) or you didnt cut the garlic clove open. Large puffy blisters form on the skin from contact for long periods (ie overnight) with good garlic on normal tissues. ;)

clearing the sinuses will remove inner ear pressure as well as washing the ears from wax build up.

tinnitus is relieved by b and b tincture more of a nerve/inner thing.

livingforj

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 06:37:19 PM »
Prairie, you MUST use the horseradish. you can do it. You have to get the sinuses drained. It only causes the intense feeling for a few seconds, afterward you can laugh that it was so intense. It also goes directly to the area that needs to be worked on.

yes trampoline is always suggested for good health. So many benefits it's hard to list them all. Second best would be jumping rope.

Yep, cold water is good in the hydrotherapy.
The information here it is just my opinion. It is neither for diagnosing nor treating any disease or aliment.

Click the website link (the earth to the left) and sign up to the School of Natural Healing and learn how you can take care of yourself.

Ivygreen

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 10:56:01 PM »
  Hey Prairie Girl!
If you'd rather not use the horse radish, I've got an alternative for you that is very effective:  snuff cayenne up both nostrils.  If you use a straw you can get it in without getting the pepper on your nose, which will burn.  You'll only feel like you're going to die for about 30 seconds; then will feel the cayenne traveling up through your sinuses and all the way to your ears.  It will help rid the blockage, and get things moving, which eases the pressure.

livingforj

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 05:22:11 PM »
wow, that feeling lasts for only 30 seconds? does it make it any less painful knowing that? :)

Duck_Lady

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 06:39:59 PM »
Call me a wimp, but I think I'd be eating some freshly grated horseradish root!

Prairie Girl

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 11:49:57 PM »
I don't know why it works but horseradish works. I am such a wimp I didn't even use it more than 3 or 4 times. And the sinus problem I had was pretty bad. Cayenne up the nose? Yeah, I'd rather do the horseradish. We made whirred it with turnip. Now we have two jars sitting in the fridge, maybe it should be part of my daily diet. ;D
My ears cleared up and the vertigo is gone.
I know the garlic I had must have been pretty weak. Very hard to find purple organic garlic...
I believe you, Ivygreen. I will take that into consideration the next time I advise someone else how to get their sinuses moving. heheh.
Thanks all!

livingforj

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
Very glad that you reported it cleared up. Next time, don't wait, get the horseradish out.

Someone I know last year got their first sinus infection, I immediately ran to the store for them and had them grate it and consume it. The infection was gone in less than 24 hours, and it had come on strong and fast!

Horseradish was herb of the year for 2011
http://www.herballegacy.com/Horseradish.pdf

Ivygreen

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 10:16:19 PM »

wow, that feeling lasts for only 30 seconds? does it make it any less painful knowing that? :)
  Not less painful: just gives a  little more courage knowing it won't smart for as long as you think it will.  Truly, the first one is hardest; just like the first time we swallow the tsp of cayenne in the cup of water, or chew the   cayenne/garlic/honey remedy.  I knocked out a fever and a sinus infection in about a day and a half; snuffing about 4 times.  I guess your body builds  immunities to the heat, as it does get easier.
  By the way, I used the 40,000 heat units, and it works well for me.  It isn't necessary to only use Mike's 180,000 pepper!

mike cmt ch

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 11:01:49 PM »
it all depends on the condition 180,000 sc cayenne is for pathological conditions ie cataracts, lacerations, gun shots etc. If one catches a cold early only 1 clove of garlic is necessary although for double pneumonia perhaps 30+ cloves will be needed. So I disagree that 40,000 is all thats needed. Ive used dr c eyebright formula(40-50,000sc) extensively and it does not match dr s eybright formula(150,000sc+) they are not the same at all. Though extra large and more frequent doses may make up for the difference. ie I washed my eyes 5x daily with dr s eyebright to improve 1 point bilaterally though washing 10-15x daily with dr c maybe equivalent.Although I never have/had any sucess with taking dr c eyebright formula. ;)Thus the two cayennes are not the same and I would not keep 40-50,000 sc cayenne in my house for emergency usuage nor for any serious pathological condition..
dr s goes even further and explains that he never saw results (with various conditions ie eyes brain)with lower dosage cayenne pepper and I agree. ;D